Call Toll-Free

Developmental Disabilities Administration Residential Services

The Developmental Disabilities Administration (DDA) under the Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS) supports and provides a variety of residential options for individuals based on their interest, needs, preferences, and eligibility. DDA’s objective is to provide supports to individuals in the most appropriate, least restrictive living situations. That means preferred living situations are in a community setting with families, relatives, or a person’s own home. When an individual needs more support, other options are considered.

Residential programs and services that may be available to DDA clients:

  • Adult family homes
  • Companion Homes
  • Group Homes
  • Intermediate Care Facilities for Individual with Intellectual Disabilities (ICF/ID)
  • Residential Habilitation Centers (RHC)
  • State Operated Living Alternatives (SOLA)
  • Voluntary Placement Services

For more information on each of these services,click here

Who is eligible for DDA Services?

Information about DDA eligibility and applying for services can be found on the DDA website under My Community

The following downloadable brochures provide additional information on eligibility and services:

Where else can I get help?

The DDA webpage, Resource Links, provides a list of DD-related organizations, including advocacy organizations, which provide information and access assistance.

Washington’s Community Living Connections staff are available to help you explore your options to meet your current needs or create a plan for the future.

Find a Local DDA Office

Call Toll-Free